Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What have I gotten myself into?


I started a gig dog sitting for a woman that has 4 large black labs. Last night was my first night and it was, ....interesting. I will post about that more later when I get some pictures of them.

But I wanted to post a few more derby pics. We had a scrimmage last Thursday and I was on the black team. It was a great game. My derby Mama England told me that I was doing awesome jamming which made me feel great. Here is me with a few of my mates, Mal, Manna, Scarlett O'Hairpulla, and Launchpad McCrash.




Derby Mamma Mannarama talking with me about strategy. Manna formerly played for the Salt City Derby Girls on the Leave it To Cleavers' team. She is an amazing player and funny as hell.



Anna, Mom and Nina came to watch. There are not many spectators at our games so they were quite obvious and ridiculous. They were all cheering me on every time I was in a jam. Even when I wasn't the jammer. My derby mates were getting the biggest kick out of it. Here is a pic of me and my little cheering section. Nina wanted to do a sign which was cute. It is now hanging on the wall in my bedroom.



We won with a score of 130 to 110.
I'm sure it was due to the positive mojo from the crowd.


Go Black!

No comments: