Monday, June 28, 2010

Dr. No

Anna reminded me that it is time for my annual blog post, so you can blame her.

Warning: Political propaganda to follow.

I long for the days when I couldn't care less about politics. Damn you Ron Paul for making me give a crap! I voted for Ron in the 2008 primary and wrote him in for the General Election. I even registered as a Republican in order to vote for him. That is huge for me. I have never registered with a political party and cringe with affiliating with the GOP for sure. (I also refuse to sign a 2 year cell phone contract.)

Fox News/Shawn Hannity/Bill O'Reilly HATE him which is about the best endorsement I can think of. Jon Stewart respects him and has praised his consistent principles which is the 2nd best endorsement I can think of. He is against the "war on terror", "the war on drugs", the IRS, the Federal Reserve and in favor of withdrawing from the UN. He voted against the war, against the bill to Define marriage, he believes in legalizing marijuana, and is friggin' educated about foreign policy. He has never voted for an unbalanced budget and he will not support legislation which is not consistent with The Constitution (Want to change it? Okay, they're called Amendments). Hence his nickname as Dr. No. Whether or not I agree with his personal social views (he is pro-life and is not a supporter of gay marriage) doesn't matter, he would not make a vote that gives the Federal Government the right to choose for you.

So at the risk of being labelled a Paul-tard, a Paulite, or heaven forbid a "selective libertarian" I will publicly endorse Ron Paul for ANY damn thing he runs for. I drive my RP bumper sticker with pride.

And just cuz I love me some lolz,






No comments: